October 7, 2012

Part One: An Absolutely Lavish Affair with TasteMIGF

MIGF!! Sounds familiar?? To those that does not know, I'm not too sure where you've been, hahha!! Anyway...It's Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (used to be Kuala Lumpur International Gourmet Festival), a one day event where (22nd October, at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre) and YES!!! For the very first time they are opened to public!! It was a good one I must say *bravo*!!

With a stack of coupons (RM 50 for 10 pcs) off you go!! Purchase it online you get a discount!! With one piece of coupon you get to taste the food that looks good to you- mind you they are top notch restaurants like Prego (from Westin), Senja (from Saujana Hotel), Makan Kitchen (from Double Tree by Hilton) and many many more!!! And if you like what you tasted, bring your whole motley-crew to that actual restaurant!! Why? Cuz what you had in TasteMIGF -that's gonna be a part of their menu for the entire month!! Wooohoo!!! I'm excited =P

If you think you missed out...no you did not, you are still in time!! Click here to check out the list of restaurants that was at TasteMIGF and head down...easy peasy ^.^

For those who missed it, here goes...

Coupons Ready? Get Set...Go!! hahaha!!! - Each book contains 10 pcs of coupons, for each coupon you get to taste a small plate of cuisine or some restaurants  they put a few different item on one plate, fun?? oh yea!!
First thing that caught my eyes...Ravioli, yummy!!
Very tall butterfly fairies...they dance and take pictures all night long, hehe!! **Yea, I had my share too ^.^
Would you think going to a gourmet festival and you don't meet actual chefs...you are dead wrong!! haha!!
For all you macaroons lover...NGS was there too!!
NGS's booth deco ^.^ 
Not sure was it was, but it was good...*Forgive me guys, the convention centre was really packed, although it was a huge space, and kinda dark - you know that very romantic ambience, so I just followed the smell, handed my coupon and grub, hahaha!!
It's not all about food, beverage too!! By Nerovivo
By Nerovivo..So Classy ^.^
Okie Dokie...I don't remember exactly what is this but I was pretty sure it was Chinese food and not mistake from Westin's Five Senses restaurant ^.^ Why not check it out for yourself at Westin, hehe!!
3 of Westin KL's restaurant was there, Five Senses, Qba and Prego ^.^ All my fav places *yummeh*
This is by Qba, Westin, I likey the prawn with asparagus, hehe!!
After some food, it was pictures with some chefs *yay* Presenting Chef from Senja @ Saujana Hotel
Chef from Al-Amar...the place I go to for Lebanese food ^.^
What more authentic to have Chinese cuisine done by a Chinese Chef, Five Senses @ Westin KL
Presenting our very own Malaysia legendary Chef whom have made us proud Internationally...Chef Wan!!! *It was an honor and pleasure to have met him face to face*
This is just part of the entire convention hall...see, I told you...it has that romantic ambience, hehe!! ^.^
Makan Kitchen @ Double Tree by Hilton was there too!! **I often go there for some yummy local buffet* thumbs up!!
I don't remember the name but it was good desert - some parfait... by Samplings on the Fourteenth Restaurant @ Berjaya Times Square Hotel
Done it there right on the stove..fresh!!  Lamb Shank & Cous Cous by Bubbles & Bites @ Resort World Genting

That is a rather big serving ei!! Lamb Shank & Cous Cous by Bubbles & Bites @ Resort World Genting 
The happy faces!! *big smiles*

The hungry dearies...you can't get enough, I tell you that!!
What's Italian without Panna Cotta?? This is good!! Panna Cotta by Senja @ Saujana Hotel

I had to do a little food shopping...hahhaa!! Awesome!!!
Say hello to Patchi Chocolate!! It brightens everybody's face!!
Care for some gelato?? It's gotta be Gelatomio's 95% Fat Free gelato!!
You can have just one scoop...OR..
Buy some mini tubs!! Of course I bought the tubs, hehehe!! It's 4 for RM 20 and the 5th one free!! - packed nicely in a box! On top of that, I was given a discount voucher for my next purchase at any Gelatomio outlet...Awesome yea!!!
A big hug to Kevin from MIGF!! Thanks for such a wonderful event!!

Part Two Coming Along....soon!! Wait for it alright ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment