November 4, 2012

A Hakka Affair @ SekMeChoy, Bandar Menjalara

I love chinese food...don't you? It's always so tasty and cooked in so many different ways...sometimes with really weird ingredients but always end up tasting gooood ^.^

Most of the chinese food you get out there are Cantonese based (one of the many chinese ethnic group)...it's not easy to find chinese food which is not Cantonese based though, haha!!

Owh well, being half Hakka myself, I came across a restaurant called SekMeChoy, a authentic Hakka restaurant....Turns out, it was good!!

The menu...

Owh they are on FB too, hehe
A clever idea to have their dishes as a wall poster ^.^

This is the authentic steam toufu with fish paste, sprinkled with some soy sauce and fresh green onions...yummy!!

The Hakka has this kinda weird but yummy rice, it's call vege rice...it's white rice lightly stir-fried with some vege...good!!

My favourite!! Stir fried french beans with salted egg yolk!! *nom nom nom*

Alrighty, I reckon many people, especially the chinese (doesn't matter from which ethnicity you are from)...This is Chicken Ginger Wine Soup - a Hakka dish, the wine that they use are some chinese wine and it is on the sweeter side...I like it!! This dish is also famous for all chinese during confinement - to provide the body with heat and eliminating air/wind in the body (ginger effect)...I can say this dish was done to perfection - even my caucasian friend loved it!! *thumbs up*

I am indeed always fond of butter milk chicken...the flaws that you see on the top is not shredded coconut, my friend ^.^ It is actually whipped milk and egg in boiling hot wok of oil....unhealthy yea...but yummy!!! hahahah!!!

This dish...I have to give 5 star...I never like bitter gourd, I have to confess....but I grew to love it...packed with some nutritions - mainly that can clean your kidney....This is stew bitter goard with roasted pork...really good!! And you can taste a bit of bitter-ness, I promise ^.^

This price you pay for such yummy-licious food, is indeed not pricey at all...well, if you gonna order a whole fish I can't lie for that will cost you some kaching, lolx!!
Owh did I mention, they have Bak Kut Teh too!!!
I would definitely come back to this place should I crave for Hakka food!! Join me the next round ^.^

Wishing all an Absolutely Lavish Hakka lunch!!

Just a note * Hakka are Han Chinese who speak the Hakka language and have links to the provincial areas of Guangdong, Jiangxi, Guangxi, Sichuan, Hunan and Fujian in China. *Source: Hakka People, Wikipedia

The Address:
Sek Me Choy Restaurant
43, Jalan 9/62A
Bandar Menjalara
Kepong
52200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +6012 9777 956 / +603 6262 7956
Business Hours: Lunch & Dinner only

No comments:

Post a Comment