January 7, 2013

An Asian Fiesta @ Makan Kitchen, DoubleTree by Hilton, KL

Happy New Year!! It's 2013!!!

Have you ever felt like having all the local food all at the same time? Satay, Rendang, Tandoori Chicken, Ketam Masak Lemak, Chinese Dim Sum, Roasted Duck, Steamboat, Teh Tarik, Fried Rice perhaps a little international as well, Fresh Sashimi, Grilled Lamb Shoulders, and not forgetting some exotic fruits like the Dragon Fruit and Buah Salak and a Chocolate Fountain?!?! Then again you might just need to drive to at least 5 different location to have em' all, owh no!! It's Craaazy!!

Well I have had that crazy craving before!! Well, I did of course not drive to 5 different locations *petrol not cheap ok* I had it all, in a comfy nice cozy place, say hello to Makan Kitchen @ DoubleTree Hotel by Hilton in Kuala Lumpur!! Yes they Have It All!! It is really not that pricey (RM 95++, dinner) looking at the line-up of varieties they have, and definitely not forgetting Makan Kitchen's Best In Town Teh Tarik!! I would have to agree!! Best yet, it is bottomless!! Owh Yea!!

You don't have to believe me, you know?? Check it out for yourself...^.^

I Just had to kick start with their Best In Town Teh Tarik!! Owhhh Niceee.....
Your Bottomless Best In Town Teh Tarik...Have it your way!! ^.^
See...I told you the place is Cozy...this is just part of the place...the actual place is Huuuuge!!!
 
The little details on each table *loves* Owh if you are wondering about the party hats?? It was 31st Dec, countdown day, so they prepared a little extra ^.^
 
We too had a little party of our own, hence the candy cane haha!!
 
And so I started with some Nasi Johor (some fragrant rice cooked with oil and spices with some nuts) yummeh!! Ketam Masak Lemak Cili (Crab cooked in Coconut Milk, spices and Chili, a very authentic Malay cooking) and Beef Rendang!! And yes those are Indian Crackers!! (Papadum)
 Salad Section with variety of dressings!! I don't really fancy Salads, but this is Have It Your way, so I liked it, very much ^.^
The Cold Cold Line....haha!!
 
The Indian Cuisine Section...Spices and More Spices!!
 
A Whole basket of Papadum!! Woohhoooo!!!
Check out that traditional clay roaster!! I'm sorry, I don't know what you call that...but I know it's what they use to make Naan Bread and grill Tandoori Chicken, haha!!
 I just love those little yet simple decorations they have all over...those onions and garlic are not for consumption okie....
Owh Yea!! Meat Loaf!! You really don't see this a lot at buffets...Really!!
The Chinese Restaurant...Where you can explore your Chinese Cuisine...Yes it is part of the buffet!! And like all Makan Kitchen Crew...they serve you will  a big smile on their face!! ^.^

 The Decor in the chinese restaurant give you a real Orient feel...Feels like in China!!
 2 different type of Soups in the Chinese section...in a very cute Chinese clay bowl ^.^
Some Dim Sum...See I told you!! Bao, Lo Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Some Stew Chicken) and the famous Chinese...Braised/Stewed Chicken Feet, they usually call it Foong Chaw (Phoenix Claws)
 You'll find the Sashimi cuts in the Chinese Restautant too!! Salmon, Octopus and Butter Fish!! They are Yummmeh!!!
 
Some Chinese cold dishes....
There is roasted duck too!! Sorry the light was a lil' dime....
All the hot dishes in the Chinese Restaurant...All so yummeh!! And you don't need to sit at the roadside to have it all, hahaha!!
 
Chinese chef cooking in action!! It's an open kitchen!! No need to peek, you can just see all the actions!! 
^.^
 
Outside the Chinese Restaurant there is a terrace...this would be for late after dinner drink...very nice cozy place...It will be nice for a cool breezy evening ^.^
 
Meanwhile back outside at the main area...there is steamboat!! I kid you not!! There are steaming hot pots there too...too steamy I could not snap a good picture (I think I really need to go for some photography class, haha!!)
 
More food...sorry, there are too many food!! too many sections...I can't remember what this is!!
 
The Malay Cuisine Section, this is where you get those thrilling Beef Rendang and Malay rice, not forgetting the crabs too!!
Loving those traditional decor at the Malay Cuisine area....So Asian!!
My favorite section of the night!! The Grill!!! Owh those grilled lamb shoulders...still stuck in my taste buds!!
Satay chef gave a lil' fire at the grill, hehe!! Thank you!! ^.^ *No hair, mustache or eyebrows were harmed, lolx!!
May we present you...your utter cheerful and friendly Beverage Section Buddies!! ^.^
 Fruits!! Mainly local fruits!! Freshly cut and continuously being refilled ^.^
Deserts at your mercy!!! That Strawberry Chocolate fountain is not your ordinary fountain I tell you!! It is the kind of chocolate that hardens when it's cooled down...makes it so yummy!! you know that 'crack' feeling when you bite in?? *heaven*

I have to agree when they state that it is a truly uniques dining experience *smiles* And just so you know, their dishes are not just ordinary Malay, Chinese and Indian, it covers the true Asian dishes too like Kristang, Nyonya, and Iban!! Now, beat that!! haha!!
 
And that my dear Absolutely Lavish people!! Is about 80% of it, hehe!! How about you check it out and tell me if you will ever go back again, because I know I am so going back there!! It's in my favorite buffet list now!! -Checked!!

Wishing all a Kapowww 2013!! And an Absolutely Lavish Asian Fiesta!!


The Address:-
Makan Kitchen
Level 11
DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur
The Intermark
182 Jalan Tun Razak
Kuala Lumpur
50400 Malaysia
Tel: +603 2172 7272
Fax: +603 2172 7590
email: KULDT.fbreservations@hilton.com
Click here to check out their web






No comments:

Post a Comment